Thursday, March 19, 2009

Prometrium

My doctor put me on Prometrium in November. I'm supposed to start taking it after I ovulate, or at least two days after an ovulation predictor kit "turns." Blood tests showed I had low levels of progesterone, meaning even if I conceived, my uterus wouldn't have what it takes to nourish and keep alive the embryo. When I first learned this, my husband and I had been trying for almost a year to have a baby. I wondered how many times we may have succeeded in conception, only to fail at pregnancy because of my body's low levels of progesterone.

This is the fourth cycle I've been on Prometrium, and it's making me fat. That may sound shallow, but I've spent most of my life as a skinny girl. To see rolls of chub develop around my midsection takes my breath away at times. I know if I become pregnant (knock wood) I would have to adjust to my body growing in strange places, and I'd welcome that. It's just gaining the weight with nothing really to show for it that troubles me. I've started to exercise more, and decrease my drive-thru visits. Hopefully that will firm up the chub a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment