Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Maternity Avatar

I'm a superstitious person. I've tried to shake myself of this, which of course makes me think I'm bringing bad luck upon myself just for doing so. Anyhoo, a few weeks ago I changed an avatar of myself connected to one of my email accounts to be pregnant. My avatar is still at a disco with R2-D2, but now I'm wearing a black sequined top that's obviously covering a very pregnant belly. Not that if I ever became pregnant (knock wood) I would start wearing sequins and visiting 70s-era discos. But I like the thought that somewhere out there, even if it's only in cyberspace, there's a pregnant version of me.

But here's the weird part. I also gave my avatar short hair. Right now, I have long hair. Every five years or so, I chop off all my hair, and it makes me feel really good for some reason. Maybe it's something weird like, even if I don't have control over my life, I still have control over my hair? Wacky, I know. But in order to create a self-fulfilling prophecy (or self-fulfilling avatar?) I'm getting my hair cut today. Short. Not just because of the avatar...it was something I was thinking of doing anyway. But it can't hurt, can it?

No comments:

Post a Comment