Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Online pregnancy tests

I just wasted twenty minutes I'll never get back taking an online pregnancy test. It's a stupid thing to do. I take them every month, in the week before my period starts, and they always say the same thing: you are probably pregnant. So we know how accurate they are. Add on the fact that the side effects of Prometrium mirror early pregnancy symptoms, and it's easy to see what a colossal waste of time these tests are. The one I just took actually contained this sentence in my results: "Pregnant women have similar symptoms, but many women who are not pregnant also experience similar symptoms." Genius!

My younger sister has urged me to stay off of the Internet during this sensitive week. There are too many websites and chat rooms with misinformation and urban legends. According to some of the sites I've visited: you should wait until the day you missed your period to take a pregnancy test, but you could also take it a week before; brown blood is definitely a sign of implantation bleeding, but also a sign of infertility; and you need to "relax" to get pregnant, but you should also take your temperature daily, check your cervical mucus, take a ovulation predictor test five days out of the month, stop drinking, don't get a massage, don't take hot baths, and be sure to shut one eye and hop on your left foot during a full moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment