Monday, July 13, 2009

No Country for Infertile Women


Last night my husband and I watched the movie No Country for Old Men. It was taut, violent, and thrilling to watch. There was not one extraneous scene.
And there was one scene in particular that caught my attention. The homicidal psychopath played by Javier Bardem gets shot in the leg. He can't go to a hospital for treatment, so he breaks into a pharmacy to get the medicine and supplies he needs to treat himself. He treats his wound in a motel room. At one point, he fills a syringe with some sort of drug, and injects himself. My husband and I squirmed as we watched. I then realized that I would be doing that exact same thing, injecting myself with a needle and syringe, three times a day!
It made my skin crawl, to be honest. I know it's not supposed to hurt, blah blah blah. But I have trouble ripping a bandage off my arm. I really don't know how I'm going to inject myself. I really don't. I'm very nervous.

No comments:

Post a Comment