Thursday, July 9, 2009

Drugs, drugs, drugs!


My fertility drugs arrived by Fed Ex today. They were in a very large box with ice packs to keep them cool, although they don't need to be refrigerated. I opened the box immediately to make sure the drugs I needed were there. I've got Lupron, and Gonal-F, plus lots of extra syringes and alcohol swabs.

It's kind of a relief. I was worried that my period would start before the drugs could arrive. But now I feel covered, and should be able to start my first IVF cycle without too much trouble.

The weird thing is, the only place I have for everything to fit is on top of the bureau in the guest bedroom. It's the very bedroom where my mother slept when she stayed with us. And the bureau is where I kept all of my mother's medications and nutrition: the syringes, the methadone, the percocet, the pill crusher, the hydrogen peroxide, the Ensure. It's strange to see medications that may help life begin in the very same spot as the medications my mother used at the end of her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment