Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Day one

After a night of horrendous cramps, I finally got my period today. This morning, in fact. It is a doozey. I also had my first injection today, .2 cc of Lupron. I was so nervous, and my hands were shaking so badly, that my husband ended up giving me the shot. It pinched a bit...I definitely felt it going in. But once it was in it didn't hurt, and I didn't feel the medication go in at all. But I don't know how I'm going to be able to do it to myself. Just looking at the needle makes me feel faint.

I'm relieved the first shot is over. For me, the unknown is more frightening than any reality could ever be.

Tomorrow, I have an appointment at the clinic for a blood draw and an ultrasound. I also have to do two injections tomorrow morning, and one at night. Scary, but exciting. And empowering. I feel like I am literally taking a problem that has plagued my husband and me for two years in my own hands, and doing something about it. Very, very empowering.

No comments:

Post a Comment