Saturday, July 18, 2009

Day four


I think I'm starting to feel the effects of the drugs I'm shooting up. My belly feels bloated and sore. I either feel very happy, or very tearful. And I have an amazing appetite. Not just that...food seems to taste better. I went out to dinner at a Thai restaurant tonight, and I almost cried eating the spring rolls and Pad Thai--it tasted that good. That, and I cry at the drop of a hat these days.


I did all my own injections today. The key is using the frozen bag of blueberries to numb up the area of my belly that gets the injection. Then, I put the tip of the needle right on my skin. I close my eyes, and push the needle in. I open my eyes, push the plunger, and then close my eyes before I take the needle out. As long as I don't look at the needle going in or coming out, I'm O.K.


Tomorrow morning I go in for blood work and an ultrasound. Hope I don't pass out this time...

No comments:

Post a Comment