Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The day after egg retrieval


Woo-hoo! The nurse just called and I have five embryos! During the egg retrieval process, they were able to harvest seven eggs. Six were mature, and five fertilized. I know this is no guarantee that the five will continue to develop in the next day or so. I have braced myself for bad news throughout the process, and will continue to do so. But I've also learned to celebrate the small victories, or in this case, the microscopic victories.


The retrieval process wasn't bad at all. The sedation I got was somewhere in between having my wisdom teeth removed and the laparoscopy I had in May. I wasn't nauseated when I woke up, just a little out of it. When I got home I was famished, because you're not allowed to eat after midnight when having surgery. I downed a Cup O Noodles and a Darvocet, because I was experiencing a little cramping. The Darvocet ended up making me nauseated, and I battled that for about an hour before the queasiness subsided.


My first progesterone shot is tonight. A bit nervous, but I feel like I'm in the home stretch.

No comments:

Post a Comment