Monday, August 10, 2009

Progesterone problem


My doctor took me off of the progesterone injections last week. I had a reaction that she had never seen before. Nor could I find anyone else with the problem online. The muscles of my rear end were so sore that I couldn't walk or sit down comfortably. And it only got worse as the days progressed. Last Tuesday, I woke up in a lot of pain and had a fever of 101.5. I phoned the on-call nurse, and she told me to come into the office. My doctor was flummoxed. She put me on Augmentin, and antibiotic, just in case I had a staph infection.
Now I use a vaginal progesterone suppository three times a day, with a estrogen patch. Within a day of stopping the injections I could walk again. The pain went away within three days. Big sigh of relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment