Thursday, January 21, 2010

Mom Application

A short post today, as I'm knee-deep in a 16-page "personal data form" I must fill out and send to the adoption agency.  Right now I'm working on this question:

What do you think is important in raising children and what do you think being a good parent means?

I could turn this into a ten-page essay, but I'm pretty sure the folks at Holt want me to keep it to a paragraph.  Here's another good one:

What are your expectations of parenting?

Again, that answer could go in book form, but I must keep it short, sweet, and good.  Another question asks what I like about my spouse.  I asked Alex and he answered, "Your juicy booty."  Just a little levity amongst the adoption stress.

2 comments:

  1. Those are questions we all should think about before we become parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I added you to Ethiopian Adoption Blogs under Holt. I wish you all the very best in this part of your journey. I hope that 2010 turns into a fantastic year for you.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete