Tuesday, January 26, 2010

OK, maybe not so much...

     I'd like to thank all the women who responded on the Resolve.org message boards about yesterday's blog post.  Many of you set me straight--that adoption does not necessarily even out the workload between the genders.  Some women even experienced the inequality before the adoption, with the push to get the paperwork completed mainly the woman's responsibility.
     I'd love to hear from women about their experiences with the division of labor in the household.  I'd love to hear from stay-at-home moms, women with full-time jobs outside the home, and anything in between.  Does their workload differ from what their mothers experienced?  Do they believe their daughters will have more equality with chores, or less?  

1 comment:

  1. I do most of the housework and child-raising, because if I don't, it won't get done.

    ReplyDelete