Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Fertility Massage

There is a place in Atlanta called the Pregnancy Massage Center. I found it while Googling different natural therapies for infertility. I was thrilled to see massage as a possible aid. I always feel so guilty when I get a massage, like it's a waste of money, even though I know it's not. I feel so much better afterward, and I usually get relief from my weekly headaches for a few days.

But an article I've just read has given me pause:
http://www.webmd.com/infertility-and-reproduction/news/20021023/hands-on-approach-for-infertility

Not because it sounds like it doesn't work. But because it involves "internal massage." That just doesn't pass the heebie-geebie factor for me. That might make me immature, but unless it has a 90% percent success rate (it doesn't,) I don't want someone reaching inside my lady business unless it's a doctor.

There are other massage avenues. I was once told by a massage therapist that I desperately need cranial-sacral treatment. I never followed up. Apparently I have blocked passageways (?) in my head and neck. Maybe it's something I should look into.

No comments:

Post a Comment