Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Night Sweats

For the last three months I have been having nightly episodes of waking up drenched in sweat. The night sweats don't follow nightmares or anxious dreams. I always try to listen to what my body is telling me. I visited the doctor yesterday, and he was perplexed. He ran a panel of tests, all which came back normal. It's always nice to hear from the doctor that there is no sign of a malignancy, or problem with kidneys or liver.

We think it has to do with my birth control pill. I'm not on the pill for the usual reason. Becoming pregnant for me is virtually impossible. I take the pill to slow down the growth of my endometriosis, and to keep from having the excruciatingly painful monthly cramps. Since I've gone back on the pill, I've gained a bunch of weight in my belly and breasts. And the night sweats started.

I feel like if you start ignoring your body, it speaks up even louder, until you have no choice but to listen. I know there is more involved here than just the pill. Just trying to figure out what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment