Thursday, April 8, 2010

Ethopian Adoption Changes, Part Deux

I keep expecting to get an email from our adoption agency telling us that the "two trip" change was just a mistake, and it's back to one trip. But it seems this change is permanent. As soon as I got the confirmation email, I started looking up on Orbitz how much a round-trip ticket to Addis costs. It's between $1000-$2000 per person, with many layovers in places like Toronto and Frankfurt. If we take Delta (where we have oodles of miles saved up from living in Atlanta) then we stop in The Netherlands on the trip back. Alex and I are thinking of maybe sticking around Amsterdam a few days and seeing the sights. Make lemons out of lemonade and all that.

The tough part will be meeting our child, and then having to say goodbye for a few months. I can't imagine how that is going to feel. I know adoptive parents doing international adoption in other countries have to go through that process. I wonder how they manage. I guess I'll learn...

No comments:

Post a Comment