Monday, July 27, 2009

Day eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, and thirteen

The last week has been a blur of belly shots (not the good kind) and blood draws and ultrasounds. Thankfully, last night I got the O.K. from my clinic and my husband gave me the trigger shot. I highly recommend icing the fanny with an ice pack before injection. I hardly felt mine.

I'm feeling some of the side effects today of that shot: major bloating, nausea, dizziness, anxiety. Of course, most of those symptoms probably also have to do with the fact I'm having my egg retrieval tomorrow morning. I'm worried about feeling sick when I come out of anesthesia. I'm also more nervous about how many eggs they'll find, and the quality of those eggs. The last time I came out of anesthesia (after my laparoscopy) my husband had bad news...I had stage four endometriosis. I hope he has better news for me this time around.

I'm thinking a lot of my mother today. By thinking of her, I feel closer to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment