Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Another Step Forward...

I've just returned from the post office, where I mailed all those home study forms to the Holt California branch office.  Included in the envelope were:

  • The Live Scan fingerprint forms
  • The criminal background statement
  • Financial statement
  • 19-page personal data information form
  • Copies of our marriage certificate and birth certificates
  • Medical forms (proof that Alex and I are HIV and TB free)
  • Verification of Alex's employment
Next up, the home study itself.  I've been in contact with the social worker, and it sounds like she's out on medical leave until April.  I think that's OK, because it will probably take that long for the branch office to process our forms.  The social worker sounds very kind and understanding.  She even gave me the email addresses of a few families who have already successfully adopted from Ethiopia.  Yea!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome!! Hooray for steps forward!! :) It's gotta feel so GREAT to be making forward progress. And connections with other families who've adopted from Ethiopia, what an awesome resource.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Another step forward! That is GREAT! I wish I would have had my husband take a picture when I mailed our packet:)...so fun to document the journey! Hugs, Lori (resolve bb)

    ReplyDelete